Henges: Preventing Metagaming

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Henges: Preventing Metagaming

Post  Xania on Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:17 pm

I play Zicha Chishio, a paranoid "leech lord" with a relentless obsession for blood and knowledge. His scientific experiments are gruesome, and he has often stolen the blood of other shinobi for research. As such, he feels the need for discretion in everyday activities, and is henged whenever outside the land of rain.

Metagaming can hardly be helped here. When someone sees "Zicha Chishio" above my head, they'll think: "Oh, he's henged, I'd better roll wisdom to see if I break his disguise". WRONG. To the best of my knowledge, rolling wisdom is reserved for occasions of suspicious activity, where you actually have reason to try and break the henge. To prevent metagaming I have a proposition, and due to it's complexity, I knew that I should run it by the DMs.

I plan to create a new character for each henge (I already have the appearences of each planned out, and they'll all share Chishio's body type). The DMs will have to take away substitution widgets, or else I'll either sell them, or just not use them. The characters themselves will all belong to the villages that they represent, since That's where the henge is most likely to be used. I realize that Henging has limits. The characters will login to their "home" villages, and be OOC until they reach the point where Chishio henged from. Chishio is too smart to walk into a village with a henge, and expect to remain unnoticed. As a result, none of these henges will ever be inside their own village. The combat limits and stats of the characters doesn't matter, since a henge dissapears if you start fighting. All skill limits represent acting. If the henge wouldn't see/hear/know something that chishio would, He's forced to ignore it unless he wants to wreck his disguise. Feats only apply to combat, so they're void. These characters won't be able to participate in any events, unless they can do so without entering combat. The roll to see through henges still apllies, but only if the one rolling is paranoid enough to make the rolls against random shinobi (Which Chishio does).

If the DMs object to this plan, or require more information before deciding, just say so. ^_^
-Ever the RPer, Xania

Xania

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Henges: Preventing Metagaming

Post  Feuerwelpe on Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:43 pm

*shrug* It's up to you. Pain in the ass to do.
Feuerwelpe

Male Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-12-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Xania on Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:47 pm

Epic Fail. I thought this section was for posts that go to the DMs, not player votes. -_-
Oh well XD

Xania

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-12-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top