What's your way of the Ninja?!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blocking Ninjutsu

+8
umu
Avalon
DM Anko
JackRussel
Hinata
iskar_df
Shieo
Dusk
12 posters

Go down

Blocking Ninjutsu Empty Blocking Ninjutsu

Post  Dusk Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:31 pm

Okay, so I play a water element Ninjutsu focused character. And while I can understand certain abilities like Water Missle and even Water Prison being blockable, I somehow don't think jutsu like Water Dragon and Tornado of Water should be capable of being blocked. This goes for dragons of every element, as well as those upper level jutsu that create huge effects. If I go to blast someone with Water Dragon and they simple "Deflect it with their big sword" I would probably crap my pants and give up. I'm not sure if this has been discussed or whatever but I think a lot of the ninjutsu should be unblockable. I'm not saying you can't dodge or substitute away...but really...blocking most upper level jutsu is ludicrous.
Dusk
Dusk

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-03

Back to top Go down

Blocking Ninjutsu Empty Re: Blocking Ninjutsu

Post  Shieo Fri Jan 09, 2009 6:48 pm

I agree I have used lightning dragon and a pc lifted their arms up and blocked it

It was annoying but no grudge, but seriously blocking it with a sword or arms against a dragon made of lightning flying at them extremely fast would still knock them faar back
Shieo
Shieo

Male Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  iskar_df Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:22 pm

it would knock them back sure Akane in particular would go flying.. but they wouldn't take any real damage from em Razz ninja's are like cats, throw em across the room and they'll still land on their feet Razz
iskar_df
iskar_df

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinata Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:26 pm

Maybe in this discussion, we can bring up how sometimes Jutsu is used to block Jutsu, many times have we seen someone effectively punch through another jutsu to hit the shinobi that was attacking them.

Also what about their Elemental Weaknesses? ^^

Just food for thought!
Hinata
Hinata

Female Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post  JackRussel Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:27 pm

I think that...if they decide only to block it, they should take perhaps...1d4 or so dmg from the impact of the jutsu on fist, sword, etc. Blocking most dmg but taking a tiny bit.

JackRussel

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:28 pm

Blocking something made of pure energy with a sword...I would think that wouldn't do much. Can you block lightning with a lightning rod? Or block a gush of superpressurized water with you arms?
Dusk
Dusk

Back to top Go down

Post  JackRussel Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:32 pm

I agree totally with you, but there are people who wont. I'm simply saying the most reasonable thing I can possibly think of that could work. Smile

JackRussel

Back to top Go down

Post  iskar_df Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:33 pm

actually yes.. you can block lightning with a lightning rod you put it between you and the lightning and ground one end the electricity goes into the ground.. besides we're ~magical ninja~ we can do a ton of things that aren't "physically possible" from day one.
iskar_df
iskar_df

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Post  DM Anko Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:36 pm

It depends on the ability of the rper. For example, the lightning...if you block with your sword, which is metal, it would filter through to the handle, as long as the handle wasn't metal.

There's been several times in the show that characters have blocked big jutsu's.
DM Anko
DM Anko

Female Number of posts : 363

Back to top Go down

Post  Hinata Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:37 pm

Or countered them with other jutsus of equal or greater power ^^
Hinata
Hinata

Female Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post  JackRussel Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:59 pm

Of course, but they -would- no doubt feel pain from blocking it.

JackRussel

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:06 pm

I never really see anyone block Ninjutsu in the series, generally they counter it with another jutsu or they dodge. Or take it in Hidan's case. Or use a combination of clones and substitution to lull someone into a false sense of victory.
Dusk
Dusk

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalon Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:36 pm

kakashi redirected both rasengan and chidori, kabuto blocked rasengan once if im not mistaken as did itatchi, and im sure itatchi kinda ignored a fireball as well
Avalon
Avalon

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Shieo Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:48 pm

They Kabuto, Kakashi, Itachi are prodigies buddy they can do a crap load any ninja could only dream of... Itachi is faster than lightning, Kakashi has Sharingan that can pin point where to grab, Kabuto is medical Ninja that can use body animations Razz
Shieo
Shieo

Male Number of posts : 57

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalon Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:59 pm

kabutos skill as a medical nin are above par yes, but he still blocked the jutsu, garra blocked chidori as well i think...

Regardless putting damage to blocking jutsu would eliminate str based ninja, and raise a whole slew of issues for dex ninja, what if i roll a 30 with kirin and the opponent rolls 29, now thats a aoe so should they take 1d4 as well? theirs no way a roll that close can get them far enough away from a massive jutsu like that could it? it could cause issues with the current system and headaches for the staff
Avalon
Avalon

Back to top Go down

Post  umu Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:17 am

to tell the truth i was awleys 100% egients blocking jutsues. I mean fine blocking a jutsue such as stormgales no jutsue i get it shure your havy so the wind wont take you off your feet. BUT frankly i saw people who block attack such as a gaient fireball or a a bunch of lighting by "bringing their arms up?" people USE COMON SENS!!!!!!!!! the system is messed up EVEN itachi dident block the chirodi that sasuke was throwing at him by bringing his arms up he grab sas hend and twisted it awey from himself. We may be Ninjnas in teh game but there isent such things like electrisity proof skin or fire proof skin (Except Thardo who is a exceptesion as he has teh blodline) enyweys its a bit odd to see somone block with their bare arms a razor sharop sword and not even have the slightest scratch on themselvs. My sugestion is unless you use something big or something that can block jutsues (costom sword or something) you get delt at least half the dmg of the jutsue. Tell me in the show how many ninjas have you seen that are only extremly strong? freinkly i have seen 0

umu

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post  Seadd Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:28 am

Well what your saying is that Kabuto and Kakashi, aswell as Itachi didnt "Block" Chidori and Rasengan, they mearly redirected and parried the blow. If they where to block it head on, they would've lost an arm.
Seadd
Seadd

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-12-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Fuuton-sensei Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:12 pm

Thank you for translating Umu-nese for those who haven't learn it. (Umu. We love you. ^_^)
Fuuton-sensei
Fuuton-sensei

Male Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post  Feuerwelpe Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:44 pm

This will only cause problems if you try and alter the balance of ninjutsu. It already deals more damage then taijutsu. While I agree that blocking needs to be emoted better, don't remove the ability to block ninjutsu.
Feuerwelpe
Feuerwelpe

Male Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  umu Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:32 pm

frainkly the whole system is buged because we got wey too many minimaxers (people who just blast evrything to one stat) Witch REALLY sholdent happe, because what we end up is eather a lvl 20 who if he dosent have evrything to one stat beraly wins with lvl 15 people and is rather week with nin/gen jutuses. Im really gone need to post a request to make a penoltie to the minimaxers because it gets in the wey of RP

umu

Back to top Go down

Post  Feuerwelpe Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Umu, it isn't a problem. Each side has their weaknesses.
Play Oblivion or something for an example of how it makes sense. Try and use an equal ammount of swords, spells, and bows, you'll find that monsters that follow level will get preetty powerful compared to you, focus on one, and they'll still be challenging, but not insane.
Feuerwelpe
Feuerwelpe

Male Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post  Avalon Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:08 pm

umu wrote:frainkly the whole system is buged because we got wey too many minimaxers (people who just blast evrything to one stat) Witch REALLY sholdent happe, because what we end up is eather a lvl 20 who if he dosent have evrything to one stat beraly wins with lvl 15 people and is rather week with nin/gen jutuses. Im really gone need to post a request to make a penoltie to the minimaxers because it gets in the wey of RP

you mean like bleach? Razz
Avalon
Avalon

Back to top Go down

Post  umu Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:18 am

no not reeally they just disadventeg the minimaxers and plus moust people dont request a grate amount of things so it dosent really matter how much you wait, i would like to see thease disapear

umu

Back to top Go down

Post  Dm Sasuke Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:21 pm

As Feuerwelpe-chaaan says, its not a problem at all, currently the rules are are balanced. For thoose who dont get it, will explain how we decide on whats blockeble and whats not.

Ok, on the server we have bth Blockeble and UNblockeble jutu's. as you all know STR users have the great and sweet advantage of taking extra dmg, theire weakness is exactly the unblockble's.
Ok the jutsu's used in this thread is Rasengan, chidori, mass water missile and some other unblockble one(i'll use great fireball for this one)

Ok, when we add a new jutsu to the server, we make a choice to make it unblockeble or blockeble.
Example 1: *Chidori is added to the server voult* Ok, so then i think*goes to think about it*
Ofc it would be impossible to block a chidori by just punching into it (Note for all you noobs:P Chidori is a lightning jutsu that cuts trough everything *as kakashi putts it*) But chidori is rated BLOCKEBLE.
Why? because as mentioned above, itachi and kakashi both managed to block it by smacking his wrist(yeah the wrist would not be engulfed in super duper cutting lightning). Ok, so conclusion?
Dont emote blocking a chidori like jutsu(there is several) by *raises his arms and with his Son Goku like super sayan power resists it* . Emote it realisticly;)

Ok, so going on...

Example 2: Mass water missile.. Ok you shoot about 20 chakra infused water missile's towards the target, theire about the size of a avrage human arm(i would say)
Ok seeing that its STR users who actually block. A STR user is someone who well duuh, is strong, meaning a powerfull set of muscles.(and no they dont need to look buff, i mean. look at lee and gai, they both are shit strong, and not just fast*thinking back at the scene where gai punches a guy trough a thick stone wall*)
Ok, powerfull arm meets flying water at the same size.
Water is chakra infused and shoots at him in high speed.
Arm is powerfull, used to strain and contains chakra(yes the whole body has chakra flowing around it:3).
In my oppinion, thats a roll vs roll, so its at blockeble. And keep in mind that most STR users use weapons so they can emote blocking it by using it aswell.

Last.
Example 3: Great fireball.
You all see why this is unblockeble? if you dont watch te fight in shippuudden(search on youtube Team 7 vs itachi.Itachi uses it there)
You cant block a fireball bigger than a small house. You can be as stron as you want and to the "bleach thing" and just put youre arm up, But the fire willl just shoot past it burning it in its way.

So the last point would be, we take theese things into consideration, if someone blocks you with youre jutsu, and you are unsure about it, look it up on the forums o if you have the jutsu item, it will be written on it, if its not.. ask a DM, if a DM is not availeble, well then you live on and have to accept it;p
Same goes for STR users, if you go "WTF WHY CANT I BLOCK IT!? IT MAKES NO SENSE!?" Then ask to see te jutsu item or check the forum;)

Cheers, peace and love~ Tobbe~
Dm Sasuke
Dm Sasuke

Male Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:07 pm

I'm not saying all jutsu should be unblockable, just some of the ones that create tremendous effects.Which is why I don't see things such as giant dragons made out of pure fire, lightning, water, air as being blockable. It contains huge amounts of each element and tons of chakra.
Dusk
Dusk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum